Switching NHS Trusts Once Your Contract Is Completed

By on December 27th, 2020

Switching NHS Trusts Once Your Contract Is Completed| Global Nurse Force

Many nurses decide to change their NHS Trusts once they have completed their contract of employment.  The following blog outlines what you need to consider before changing Trusts.

Steps to consider when you want to change NHS Trusts

  • Gather references from your current employer
  • Make sure your CV is updated in a clear & concise manner
  • Decide where you want to live and work in the UK

Applying for a new visa to work in a different NHS Trust

To work in a new NHS Trust, you will need to apply for a Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer visa which will require a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) from your new employer. This is practically the same process as applying for a new Tier 2 Visa and will remain valid for your new employment period.

You can apply for a Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start your new job in the UK. This date is listed on your Certificate of Sponsorship. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. The cost of this visa application is currently £704 per person.

For further advice and support on relocating to the UK, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Let Global Nurse Force help you find your dream job in the NHS!

Our support includes:

  • Nursing Post in the NHS
  • NMC Registration
  • Tier 2 Visa Application
  • Flight to UK
  • Initial Housing
  • OSCE Training
  • Clinical Orientation
  • Pastoral Support

Click here to join our official Telegram channel for timely updates on nursing job opportunities abroad.